Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Deadlock and lock!
Deadlock and lock! [message #289156] Wed, 19 December 2007 21:48 Go to next message
trantuananh24hg
Hi all!

This is not example, this is the really situation.
We often have a deadlock and lock session. With the Oracle 10g Database archived, some time, the deadlock occurs, and more, some users cause the lock table.

I know that it's not possible to do, nothing to do for the deadlock transaction, Oracle server releases by itself. However, this performance is very slow during. I can not do something.

Trace it with udump, and with script, I found the SID and serial# in V$session belonged to the user caused deadlock, but Oracle Server returned "ORA-xxx: Session mark for killed".

I have a little experience with, would you like to guide me some thing?

Thank you very much!

[Updated on: Wed, 19 December 2007 21:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Deadlock and lock! [message #289163 is a reply to message #289156] Wed, 19 December 2007 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pinbol
You can kill this session-process from Unix
# kill pid, where pid - is the spid from view v$process, which can be found by ADDR. ADDR you can found by PADDR from v$session. For example,
select spid from v$process where addr in
(select paddr from v$session where osuser='UserOfTroubleSession');
Re: Deadlock and lock! [message #289165 is a reply to message #289163] Wed, 19 December 2007 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trantuananh24hg
Thank you, pinbol!

Re: Deadlock and lock! [message #289178 is a reply to message #289156] Wed, 19 December 2007 23:53 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
When you see the deadlock, it is already resolved: one of the actions has been killed. Why do you wnt to kill the other session?
In addition, if Oracle returns "Session mark for killed" this is because the transaction rollback will take a while and it does not want you to wait for it.
Killing the server process does not change anything more it defers the lock releases.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: remote objects
Next Topic: Archive backup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 14:14:40 CDT 2024