Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Sys, Sysdba, user roles and passwords (Oracle 10g Enterprise on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise)
Sys, Sysdba, user roles and passwords [message #284849] Sat, 01 December 2007 19:08 Go to next message
medicineworker

Hi guys,

I'm finishing off a contract for a software asset management firm and their client uses an Oracle 10g Enterprise database and application server with various applications installed over the top of it.

I have installed Oracle on a virtual Windows Server 2003 machine because I need to extract particular information regarding AppIDs. I have the queries ready to hand to run for me, I've set up the DB OK and everything's going swimmingly EXCEPT:
When I open Enterprise Database Manager web interface, I can't login at all. The only way I can login, and even then, I can't do anything, is by using SQLPLUS to login under SYS AS SYSDBA.
When I try and connect I get an error stating "database initialisation or shutdown in progress", and when I use the SYS or SYSDBA logins to try and go through the Enterprise DB Manager webapp to startup the DB, I get a "wrong password" error.

Any help would be much appreciated. I am a comparative newbie to Oracle but am determined to learn more to prevent this in future!

Many thanks,

medicineworker
Re: Sys, Sysdba, user roles and passwords [message #284852 is a reply to message #284849] Sat, 01 December 2007 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
do the following:
sqlplus
/ as sysdba
shutdown abort
startup
exit

icon10.gif  Re: Sys, Sysdba, user roles and passwords [message #284854 is a reply to message #284852] Sat, 01 December 2007 20:27 Go to previous message
medicineworker

Brilliant, thankyou very much!

medicineworker
Previous Topic: Altering a Table Partition
Next Topic: Unable to access DB
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 14:36:00 CDT 2024