Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » grants and synonyms
grants and synonyms [message #223918] Mon, 12 March 2007 04:53 Go to next message
meggens
Hello,

One of my clients asked to create a user that has SELECT grant on a specific schema.

I used following SQL to create the scripts to do this:

select 'grant SELECT on ' || owner || '.' || object_name || ' TO ISOR_SELECT;'
from dba_objects
where owner='RRGS11' and object_type in ('TABLE','VIEW','SEQUENCE');

select 'create synonym isor_reader.' || object_name || ' for ' || owner || '.' || object_name||';'
from dba_objects
where='ISOR_OWNER' and object_type in ('TABLE','VIEW','SEQUENCE');

I saw grants and synonym create statements are also produced by this script for object in oracles recycle.bin, they failed because of invalid names but I'm just wondering: should i create the grants and synomyns to the recycle.bin in this case.....what would be 'normal'?

regards,
Martin
Re: grants and synonyms [message #223932 is a reply to message #223918] Mon, 12 March 2007 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Purge recycle bin, and then create your script. Doing so, you'll doubt will disappear. Think of it this way: in previous Oracle versions, recycle bin didn't exist. What would you do then? Nothing! Besides, I believe that other users really shouldn't be bothered about your garbage (i.e. recycle bin).
Re: grants and synonyms [message #223935 is a reply to message #223932] Mon, 12 March 2007 05:24 Go to previous message
meggens
Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply. you took aways my doubts.

regards,
Martin
Previous Topic: create tablepace
Next Topic: DataTypes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 02:30:38 CDT 2024