Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » create tablepace
create tablepace [message #223902] Mon, 12 March 2007 04:18 Go to next message
Thando
Hi There,

I'm a junior Dba started two months ago. I just want to find out. I have created a database structure on database 9i that I train on, I have created three tables and now when i create a tablespace i get an error that reads 'no such file or directory.

Regards
Thando
Re: create tablepace [message #223905 is a reply to message #223902] Mon, 12 March 2007 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
martijn
Hi,

(You stepped into a verry intersting work-field Smile Goog luck)

I think you specified a directory that dosn't exists, or you don't have the permissions to create files in the specified directory.

Can you, as the oracle user, create a file in the directory you specify in the create tablespace statement?
Re: create tablepace [message #223912 is a reply to message #223905] Mon, 12 March 2007 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thando
Thanks for the respone Martijn,

but how and where do i create tablespaces.My mentor is always busy I don't want to wait forever to be trained hense my questions sound very basic.
Re: create tablepace [message #223921 is a reply to message #223912] Mon, 12 March 2007 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
martijn
That is no problem.

Are you on windows or on UNIX?

your statement is probably someting like :
create tablespace bladidblah datafile '/directory/directory/filename' size 2048m;

(Maybe you have a lot more options in your line)

anyway... directly after file you have the location and the filename.

See whether you can create a file as the oracle-user in the specified location (/directory/directory).

A good (verry verry valueable) source of information is the oracle site and it's mirros:
oracle 9

Send us your sql and error messages if the problem persists
Re: create tablepace [message #223933 is a reply to message #223902] Mon, 12 March 2007 05:14 Go to previous message
Thando
Thank you so much it worked.
Previous Topic: Background process consuming high memory
Next Topic: grants and synonyms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 02:16:45 CDT 2024