Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » manually creating oracle9i database
manually creating oracle9i database [message #212441] Fri, 05 January 2007 05:33 Go to next message
rajita
Hello
Whenever i follow those all steps for creating databse manually,after firing create database...... command ,error occurs
instance terminated disconnectd forcefully.

steps that is follow are creating the structure for all folders,creating pfile,changing the contents
firing orapwd command
firing oradim command
set oracle_sid=....
conn sys as sysdba
create databse....

but it gives me error.
plz help me out
by giving all the required steps
Re: manually creating oracle9i database [message #212442 is a reply to message #212441] Fri, 05 January 2007 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebrian
What's the error message? What version of Oracle?
Re: manually creating oracle9i database [message #212556 is a reply to message #212442] Fri, 05 January 2007 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
martijn
Hi,

You probably should specify the error message if you want some more specific help.
(from the topic I see you want to create a 9i database)
Maybe the OS would also help a little.

When I first learned creating databases someone pointed me to the dbca (DataBase Creation Assistant). Not because that is a easy way of creating databases, but somewhere near the end of the dbca process there is an option to create database-creation-scripts.
When you examin these scripts you will gain a lot of knowledge how a database can ben created.

You can fire the scripts up manually, and can exactly see what is going wrong when.

(But then again..... you have to like a bit of fiddling around with scripts Smile)

Best regards,
Martijn
Re: manually creating oracle9i database [message #212579 is a reply to message #212441] Fri, 05 January 2007 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

Hi,

Go through below link

http://dbataj.blogspot.com/search/label/Database%20Creation

hope this helps
Taj
Re: manually creating oracle9i database [message #212655 is a reply to message #212441] Sun, 07 January 2007 04:39 Go to previous message
vjeedigunta

Error you mentioned is basically related to rollback segments .. did you copy the init.ora of some other database here ? if yes, ensure that you have changed the rollback segment / undo tablespace parameters accordingly ..

-Sai Jeedigunta
Previous Topic: Oracle DB - concurrent user licensing model for 9i and 10g
Next Topic: Memory Allocation.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:42:17 CDT 2024