Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Create User
Create User [message #205857] Mon, 27 November 2006 23:15 Go to next message
ehegagoka
hi!,

just want to ask if my user is not a dba, from the dba user what role/priviledge do i need to grant to the non-dba user for it to create another user? i hope i've explained it well.

thanks,

rhani

opppss got it c",)

[Updated on: Mon, 27 November 2006 23:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Create User [message #205883 is a reply to message #205857] Tue, 28 November 2006 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Why would you do that? I mean, what is the purpose in doing so? Although one might create a user, there are numerous privileges (create session, create table, etc. etc.) which also have to be granted in order to make tnis newly created user operable. Now, would you want to grant all that with admin option to some (non-DBA) user in order to, finally, make it a DBA?
Re: Create User [message #205913 is a reply to message #205857] Tue, 28 November 2006 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bwetkstr
Don't think this is save.

And seen that you don't know the dba privillege to grant to a user, I have the idea that you don't really know what affect you might cause by granting that role. I would suggest to find an other way.

Kr
Karel
Re: Create User [message #205926 is a reply to message #205913] Tue, 28 November 2006 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JRowbottom
I can understand not wanting to grant DBA to a user.

The privilege you need to grant to user A to allow them to create other users is (suprisingly) CREATE USER.

If you create a role with all the privs that the new users will need, then if you do:
GRANT <user role> TO USER_A WITH ADMIN OPTION
then user A will be able to grant this role to the newly created users.
Re: Create User [message #206121 is a reply to message #205926] Tue, 28 November 2006 19:53 Go to previous message
ehegagoka
hi!
thank you so much sir, im not going to use it for production, it's just a part of me learning oracle. i just want to know some, if not all, the "backend" or how does this "dba user" be able to do this and that, what are those "characteristics" that this user have for him to be able to do so many things in the database. thank you so much again sir/mam for your replies =)
Previous Topic: send excel file as attachment thru a plsql email
Next Topic: Media recovery not enabled or manual archival only
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:35:55 CDT 2024