Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » SUSE 9 ES + ORACLE 10g problem with shutdown
SUSE 9 ES + ORACLE 10g problem with shutdown [message #203778] Thu, 16 November 2006 05:11 Go to next message
kiel44
Hi all,
i have a little problem with SUSE 9 ES and ORACLE 10g.
My company bought UPS yesterday. Now i have to configure SUSE and ORACLE to shutdown. But i have problem with oracle.

I did everything like i found in UPS manual and SUSE shut down percectly. But when i put this script to UPS shutdown file, ORACLE don't want to shut down.

I found on our forum that user root (which stop my server) can't stop oracle server because of security reason. So what i have to do, to stop ORACLE server and after that SUSE server?

My script which is started by UPS looks like that:

down.script
----------------
cd /etc/upsmon
sqlplus aaaa/bbbb@ora as sydba @oracleoff.sql
lsnrctl stop
/sbin/shutdown -h now
----------------

oracleoff.sql
-----------------
shutdown immediate
-----------------

Please help me, what i have to change to turn off oracle and after that SUSE. Now i can only turn off SUSE server, because user root have no permission to turn off ORACLE Sad

Thanx for any help.

Regards
Marius

Re: SUSE 9 ES + ORACLE 10g problem with shutdown [message #203806 is a reply to message #203778] Thu, 16 November 2006 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
You no need to write any new scripts.
1. Edit oratab file. Add appropriate entries
2. When executed, dbshut/dbstart scripts found in ORACLE_HOME/bin will call this oratab.
3. From root, su to oracle and execute the above scripts.
Re: SUSE 9 ES + ORACLE 10g problem with shutdown [message #203816 is a reply to message #203806] Thu, 16 November 2006 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiel44
Thanks for help but i have problem with bash language.
User root trigger down.script. How to write 2 and 3 line in this file? 2,3 line should be started as oracle user and 4 line as root user (oracle user don't have enough privileges). And this is my problem.

Im very grateful for your answer, but i still don't know how write it.

I understand with your solution it should looks like that:

down.script
----------------
cd /etc/upsmon
su oracle
dbshut
/sbin/shutdown -h now <- but how to start it as root?
----------------

Regards
Marius
Re: SUSE 9 ES + ORACLE 10g problem with shutdown [message #203819 is a reply to message #203816] Thu, 16 November 2006 07:41 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
exit out of oracle.
Talk to your sysdamin. There are init.d scripts (depending on your version) that can automatically do this (during reboot, oracle services are shut, Unix is shutdown and after start everything will be back again.)
Or
Just google.
Regards
Previous Topic: Tracing connected users
Next Topic: Restricting Database by IP's
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:36:55 CDT 2024