Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Multiplexing of Redo Log Files to Different O/S
Multiplexing of Redo Log Files to Different O/S [message #194748] Mon, 25 September 2006 01:57 Go to next message
amit.pandey
Hi All,

i'm using oracle 9i under unix platform. i've defined my db redolog files groups to 2 different disks. Is this possible to write redo log entries to 2 different platforms, means can oracle multiplex that redo log entries to unix file system and windows file system.

If that so , how can i define the redo log groups entry and how can i spaecify the windows disk path on unix.

Thanks & Regards
Amit
Re: Multiplexing of Redo Log Files to Different O/S [message #194782 is a reply to message #194748] Mon, 25 September 2006 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
What is the whole purpose of this?
Assume that, you did found a method to write to unix and windows filesystems. What are you going to do with that?
If redolog files on unix would fail, can you replace them with files from windows?
Re: Multiplexing of Redo Log Files to Different O/S [message #194805 is a reply to message #194782] Mon, 25 September 2006 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amit.pandey
Hi Mahesh,

I think so. If I convert that file to unix file system compatiable, then we can use that file for the recovery purpose.
But whr i stuck is that how to multiplex that files.

Thanks for Answer
Re: Multiplexing of Redo Log Files to Different O/S [message #194824 is a reply to message #194805] Mon, 25 September 2006 09:30 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>> I think so.
No. It wont work.
If you are worried about redolog files, secure them. Mirror them. Stripe the disk.
Saving another copy in windows filesystem provides nothing.
Previous Topic: Threshold value
Next Topic: Mandatory background process
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:32:02 CDT 2024