Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Regarding Monitoring Database Changes ...
Regarding Monitoring Database Changes ... [message #185018] Sun, 30 July 2006 01:46 Go to next message
frank.svs
Hi Frns,
I need some small help from u. Here is my problem. In my oracle database there is one schema say "scott".
I am not running my database in Archive log mode nor i turned on my auditing on scott user account. Now see,
Assume that i have logged in as scott user and not performed any DML operations for say one hour. After one hour assume that i
have updated salaries of all employees(say sal=sal+1000) in EMP table. Now question is , as a DBA can i know what changes
have been made on objects which belongs to scott user. Is there any dynamic performance view to check whether what changes
have been made by what users and and what time they made the modifcations to the database. Can we get this informatlion.

or else is there any tool from which we can get this info.

Pls help me.Its urgent for me to know this.

Thanks and Regards,
frank

Re: Regarding Monitoring Database Changes ... [message #185020 is a reply to message #185018] Sun, 30 July 2006 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As far as I know, if
a) auditing is disabled and
b) there are no database triggers which would do some kind of auditing and
c) there's no backup schema which represents your yesterday's original one (so that you could compare data),
I think that the only person who knows that everyone's salary will be higher next month is you.
Re: Regarding Monitoring Database Changes ... [message #185021 is a reply to message #185020] Sun, 30 July 2006 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
frank.svs
hi,
I am not talking about salary updations. The main doubt how can i keep track of all the database changes without Auditing.
Re: Regarding Monitoring Database Changes ... [message #185057 is a reply to message #185021] Sun, 30 July 2006 15:16 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Salaries were here just because of your example.

But, why would you want to invent something else when Oracle already provides auditing? Or do you really want to write triggers all around to keep trace of users' activities?
Previous Topic: ASM configuration
Next Topic: block recovery message
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:42:08 CDT 2024