Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Not able to login with SYS user  () 1 Vote
Not able to login with SYS user [message #179562] Wed, 28 June 2006 00:35 Go to next message
chandanbhamra
Hi,
I am facing this problem with sys user. I am not able to login as i want to shutdown and restart the database. Parameter remote_login_passwordfile it set to NONE. Please tell me if there is any way i can change the parameter.

I am facing this problem because remote_login_passwordfile is set to NONE??

SQL> set line 2000
SQL> show user
USER is "SYSTEM"
SQL> alter user sys identified by tiger1$;

User altered.

SQL> select * from v$parameter where name like '%remote%';

NUM NAME                                                                   TYPE VALUE                    
---------- ---------------------------------------------------------------- ---------- ---------------------
       244 remote_archive_enable                                                     1 TRUE                     
       402 remote_os_authent                                                         1 FALSE                    
       403 remote_os_roles                                                           1 FALSE                    
       406 remote_login_passwordfile                                                 2 NONE                     
       432 remote_listener                                                           2                          
       442 remote_dependencies_mode                                                  2 TIMESTAMP                

6 rows selected.

SQL> connect sys/tiger1$@oracledb as sysdba
ERROR:
ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

Warning: You are no longer connected to ORACLE.
SQL> connect /@oracledb as sysdba
ERROR:
ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

SQL>

Thanks
Chandan Singh
Re: Not able to login with SYS user [message #179685 is a reply to message #179562] Wed, 28 June 2006 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tarundua

Are you accessing your database remotely??

if yes then how do you login to oracle?
Re: Not able to login with SYS user [message #179740 is a reply to message #179562] Wed, 28 June 2006 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smartin
If you are not using a password file, then you use operating system authentication for sysdba access, meaning you are a member of the ora_dba (on windows) group.

c:\scot\sqlpath>sqlplus /@orcl as sysdba

SQL*Plus: Release 10.1.0.2.0 - Production on Mon May 29 10:35:53 2006

Copyright (c) 1982, 2004, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Connected to:
Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.1.0.2.0 - Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options

USER                           INSTANCE_NAME    STARTUP_TIME         LOG_MODE
------------------------------ ---------------- -------------------- -----------
SYS                            orcl             29-MAY-2006 10:26:42 ARCHIVELOG

SYS@orcl AS SYSDBA>

Note the above used the listener to connect, because I specified @orcl. If I just used / as sysdba instead, then it would connect locally without the listener, and use the oracle_sid environment variable (on windows that is in the registry).

SYS@orcl AS SYSDBA> exit
Disconnected from Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.1.0.2.0 - Production

c:\scot\sqlpath>lsnrctl stop

LSNRCTL for 32-bit Windows: Version 10.1.0.2.0 - Production on 29-MAY-2006 10:38:32

Copyright (c) 1991, 2004, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=EXTPROC)))
The command completed successfully

c:\scot\sqlpath>set oracle_sid=orcl

c:\scot\sqlpath>sqlplus / as sysdba

SQL*Plus: Release 10.1.0.2.0 - Production on Mon May 29 10:38:42 2006

Copyright (c) 1982, 2004, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Connected to:
Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.1.0.2.0 - Production

USER                           INSTANCE_NAME    STARTUP_TIME         LOG_MODE
------------------------------ ---------------- -------------------- ------------
SYS                            orcl             29-MAY-2006 10:26:42 ARCHIVELOG

SYS@orcl AS SYSDBA>

Re: Not able to login with SYS user [message #180413 is a reply to message #179562] Mon, 03 July 2006 07:34 Go to previous message
chandanbhamra
Problem is resolved i don't know how. I was using password file because my instance started thru spfile and in that my remote_login_passwordfile was set to 'SHARED'.

It was not remote instance as its running on same machine.

I just restarted my system due to some reason and tried to connect to sys user and it connected.

Previous Topic: Running prvtfile.plb
Next Topic: how to copy a schema
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:38:40 CDT 2024