Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Have to press any button to complete TFA installation (TFA-Win_v18.4.1, 12.1.0.2,Win 2016 Datacenter)
Have to press any button to complete TFA installation [message #674005] Fri, 21 December 2018 21:10 Go to next message
juniordbanewbie
Dear all,

I've install TFA-Win_v18.4.1 on Win 2016 Datacenter.

But I need to press any button to complete the installation.

Starting TFA installation

Clusterware is not configured.
Enter a location for installing TFA (/tfa will be appended if not supplied) [C:/Users/yury]: E:\app

TFA Installation Log will be written to File : C:\tfa_install_2592_2018_12_20-21_54_46.log

Running Auto Setup for TFA as user root...

Would you like to do a [L]ocal only or [C]lusterwide installation ? [L|l|C|c] [C] : l
Installing TFA now...

Starting Discovery...

ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.

when I test out

tfactl start -help

Start the desired support tool
Start TFA process

Usage : E:\app\tfa\kul-ora01\tfa_home\bin\tfactl start [ <tool> ]
           Starts TFAMain and the Scanner
    <tool> Starts the desired support tool

Terminate batch job (Y/N)? Y

again I have to press ctrl c to exit.

is this normal?

many thanks in advance!
Re: Have to press any button to complete TFA installation [message #674072 is a reply to message #674005] Wed, 02 January 2019 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
juniordbanewbie
dear all,

here's my installation:

install.bat  -tfabase E:\app\oracle\product\12.1.0.2\dbhome_1 -javahome E:\db_upgrade\it_vendor\oracle\rdbms\tfa\TFA-Win_v18.4.1\TFAWin\tfa_home\jre -debug -local -deferdiscovery -perlhome E:\app\oracle\product\12.1.0.2\dbhome_1\perl

it is successful

but how do I do a discovery?

when I proceed straight to using tfactl, again whenever I type tfactl <command> -help,
it always hang.

Thanks a lot!
Re: Have to press any button to complete TFA installation [message #674077 is a reply to message #674072] Wed, 02 January 2019 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
Do you have an operational cluster?

https://docs.oracle.com/database/121/CWADD/GUID-3749B526-056E-4FD5-9363-B25124781C14.htm
Re: Have to press any button to complete TFA installation [message #674101 is a reply to message #674077] Thu, 03 January 2019 09:56 Go to previous message
juniordbanewbie
Dear Black Swan,

I do not have cluster

do we need to have cluster installed?

the whole purpose of using Trace File Analyzer is to simplified Service Request Data Collection. Are you telling me that becoz I don't have a cluster system, then I cannot have a automated way of Service Request Data collection?

from TFA Collector - TFA with Database Support Tools Bundle (Doc ID 1513912.1)
Quote:

The Cluster Ready Services (CRS) do not manage Oracle Trace File Analyzer. This is because it needs to be available should CRS go down. The installation configures Oracle Trace File Analyzer for auto start. The implementation of auto start is platform dependent. Linux uses init or an init replacement such as upstart or systemd. Microsoft Windows uses a Windows Service.
if you unzip TFA-Win_v18.4.1\TFAWin

inside install.bat

line 104
echo "%0 [-crshome <CRS Home> | -tfabase <Install Directory>] | [-javahome <Java Install Location>] | [-perlhome <Perl Install Location>] | [-deferdiscovery | -local | -silent | -debug]" 
echo. 
echo -local - Only install on the local node 
echo -deferdiscovery - Discover Oracle trace directories after installation completes 
echo -tfabase - Install into the directory supplied 
echo -crshome - CRS Home Location 
echo -javahome - Use this directory for the JRE 
echo -silent - Do not ask any install questions 
echo -debug - Print debug tracing and do not remove TFA_HOME on install failure 
echo -perlhome - Use given perl binary for execution of perl programs 
echo. 
echo - If path contains spaces surround it with double quotes 
GOTO EOF 

when I invoke -deferdisocery during installation, installation complete well without error.

however the the tool still cannot be used

whenever I type
tfactl <command> help
it always hang
many thanks

[Updated on: Thu, 03 January 2019 10:09]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Query on importing dump file.
Next Topic: Need help in Export Import
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:14:03 CDT 2024