Home » Infrastructure » Linux » Create Linux VM in a Virtual Box (split from hijacked topic)
Create Linux VM in a Virtual Box (split from hijacked topic) [message #656529] Mon, 10 October 2016 09:57 Go to next message
Jrich7
Hello my name is Josh and I need some assistance?? I recently installed Virtual Box on my windows 10 Dell Laptop. And also installed Kali Linux on the Virtual Box. I clicked on that start Button on the top Left hand corner to run the Virtual Box. But nothing comes up. Only a message that states "FATAL: No bootable medium found? system halted". what could be the problem. thank you and I look forward to hearing your suggestions and guidance. Thank you.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 October 2016 10:27] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Create Linux VM in a Virtual Box (split from hijacked topic) [message #656533 is a reply to message #656529] Mon, 10 October 2016 10:31 Go to previous message
John Watson
I've approved your post, because Visrtual Box is an Oracle product. However, if you are not going to run any other Oracle products you would be better off in a VirtualBox forum, rather than here.

With regard to your question, I have never used this Kali Linux. However, it seems to me that you have not mounted a bootable ISO image in the VM's CD drive.
Previous Topic: EBS VISION installation : .env & forms generate issues
Next Topic: environment variables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:23:01 CDT 2024