Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » forms 10g, win xp 32 bit (problem with key-commit trigger)
forms 10g, win xp 32 bit [message #598066] Thu, 10 October 2013 04:45 Go to next message
m_shehpar
Hi all,

I have a problem with key-commit trigger. I have written some validations and computations criteria on the block level (lines level). Actually there are a number of loops involved in it.

Problem is that the computations are performed twice. (may be the validations would also be performed twice, which couldn't be felt Smile ). can anybody guide me, whats going wrong, since i read somewhere that key-commit is fired on different events, which i infered to be firing only just before database commit.

regards
Re: forms 10g, win xp 32 bit [message #598067 is a reply to message #598066] Thu, 10 October 2013 04:54 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
Key-commit fires when the user presses the save button, no other time.
In fact it is possible to save data without key-commit firing at all.
If the user makes changes then exits the form then forms will automatically pop up a question asking if they want to save changes. If they click on yes then the data is saved without key-commit firing.
Because of this key-commit is practically useless. You certainly shouldn't be trying to do validation logic in it.
Previous Topic: excel sheet on local machine
Next Topic: how use parameters in form?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 11:51:48 CDT 2024