Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Installing Oracle 8i in Windows XP Prof
Installing Oracle 8i in Windows XP Prof [message #52326] Mon, 15 July 2002 12:47 Go to next message
sudhir
Hi,
I am having problems installing Oracle 8i on Windows XP professional.Can anyone guide me step by step what I should be doing to successfully install on this new operating system.Else can anyone give me a website where I can find all the details to install.

Thanks in advance

Sudhir
Re: Installing Oracle 8i in Windows XP Prof [message #52327 is a reply to message #52326] Mon, 15 July 2002 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sai sreenivas jeedigunta
hi,
Installation process is Generally normal for ORACLE 8i Lite on XP Professional..Incase if its not happening..the problem could be lack of memory etc etc.Also try to take the dump of CD into harddrive and install it from HDD...U can allways refer to the Installation guide which will be available in the OTN.

byee
sai
Re: Installing Oracle 8i in Windows XP Prof [message #52335 is a reply to message #52326] Tue, 16 July 2002 07:24 Go to previous message
Sanjay Bajracharya
There are issues installing Oracle in XP machines. This is due to the fact that 8i was released before XP and there are some conflict with some dll/java.

You can search Metalink and find proper doc. You have to copy the whole CD in the HD and rename some file before being able to install.

Sorry I don't have the link for the doc right now.
Previous Topic: can't create database
Next Topic: sqlplus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 10:57:22 CDT 2024