Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Setting DBMS_OUTPUT limit per user
Setting DBMS_OUTPUT limit per user [message #52287] Fri, 12 July 2002 04:58 Go to next message
Steve Boreham
One of my customers using an Oracle 8i database has written a bolt-on to the application that I support, and which makes use of DBMS_OUTPUT.

Although I am not oblidged to support this malarky, they have asked an interesting question of an Oracle nature, that I don't know the answer to, but would like to!

Somehow, somewhere, DBMS_OUTPUT is being defaulted to 100,000 bytes, but this is often insufficient for the bolt on modification to work.

My customer therefore wishes to set the default DBMS_OUTPUT value for the users who run the bolt-on, and nobody else, to the ceiling of 1,000,000 bytes.

Can this be done, please, by setting certain Oracle priviledges for the users in question?

Grateful thanks,
Steve
Re: Setting DBMS_OUTPUT limit per user [message #52295 is a reply to message #52287] Fri, 12 July 2002 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Radek
hi,
dbms_output.enable(_number_of_bytes_) will do the trick. They have to do it before calling procedure that is outputting data.
Something like this:

begin
dbms_output.enable(1000000);
their_package.their_procedure();
end;

Regards,
Radek
Re: Setting DBMS_OUTPUT limit per user [message #52303 is a reply to message #52287] Sat, 13 July 2002 07:06 Go to previous message
Steve Boreham
Thanks Radek.

/Steve
Previous Topic: damage to database
Next Topic: snapshot permissions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 10:55:19 CDT 2024