Home » Open Source » Programming Interfaces » Win 7; Oracle - PHP connection / please Help (Win 7 64 bit Home Premium. Apache is running good. PHP5.3.8 running good.)
Win 7; Oracle - PHP connection / please Help [message #528761] Wed, 26 October 2011 23:15 Go to next message
david_bathu
I am kinda novice in all 3 technologies (Oracle, PHP, Apache). Please help me.

My objective:
1. Want to do Oracle/ PHP programming. Display/transfer data from/to oracle to browser screens using PHP
2. This I want to do this only on one machine (my laptop) - not on networked machines.

My machine :
Win 7 64 bit Home Premium. Apache is running good. PHP5.3.8 running good.
Oracle 11g R2 installed. Able to connect to Sys, system, scott etc in windows console,
also through SQL developer. Could create my own tables and insert data.

But could not access oracle home page //localhost:1521/ so far.
on accesing //127.0.0.1/ - only phpinfo page displayed (no oracle homepage)

My questions -
Do I need to download 'Oracle Enterprise Manager' to do this? (becoz, I was trying //localhost:1521/em - but no success)
Do I have to configure 'userdir' in httpd.conf? I could not do this (most info on the web is for unix)
Do I need to download 'Oracle Instant Client' ?
Do I need php_oci8.dll? I don't have this file in my php\ext directory.

More info:
I checked in the console window and registry:

There is no 'dbconsole' service in the list of services. Is this ok? I have 4 oracle services - VSS, JobScheduler, MTSReco, home_1ClrAgent, OracleORCL; all started and running

oracle_home = C:\app\Administrator\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1 (it is there in registry)
oracle_unqname=orcl (it is there in registry)

LSNRCTL for 64-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production on 26-OCT-2011 22:29
:44

Copyright (c) 1991, 2010, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=EXTPROC1521)))
STATUS of the LISTENER
------------------------
Alias LISTENER
Version TNSLSNR for 64-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Produ
ction
Start Date 26-OCT-2011 16:07:20
Uptime 0 days 6 hr. 22 min. 26 sec
Trace Level off
Security ON: Local OS Authentication
SNMP OFF
Listener Parameter File C:\app\Administrator\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\network\a
dmin\listener.ora
Listener Log File c:\app\administrator\diag\tnslsnr\Ramana-PC\listener\a
lert\log.xml
Listening Endpoints Summary...
(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(PIPENAME=\\.\pipe\EXTPROC1521ipc)))
(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=190.213.227.135)(PORT=1521)))
Services Summary...
Service "orcl" has 1 instance(s).
Instance "orcl", status UNKNOWN, has 1 handler(s) for this service...

=======================================
When I tried 'emtcl status dbconsole' I get the follwing:

OC4J Configuration issue. C:\app\Administrator\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1/oc4j/j2ee
/OC4J_DBConsole_190.213.227.135_orcl not found.
=========================================

What I have to do to see the a PHP script connected to Oracle DB?
What I have to do to see home page //localhost:1521/em ?

Thanks in advance for your time.
Re: Win 7; Oracle - PHP connection / please Help [message #528778 is a reply to message #528761] Thu, 27 October 2011 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Unfortunately, I can't help much. However, note that Oracle was never certified with any MS Windows Home edition, so the fact that you installed Oracle onto your computer and use it "successfully" doesn't have to entirely true. It might work, or might not, it is difficult to tell. There might be an easy solution to your problem(s); hopefully, someone who knows the answer will stop by. In the meantime, consider switching to a supported (certified) combination of Oracle and operating system.
Re: Win 7; Oracle - PHP connection / please Help [message #528822 is a reply to message #528778] Thu, 27 October 2011 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
david_bathu
Hi LittleFoot: Thanks for your time and response. And please accept my ignorance on the aspect of using 'HOME' edition. While I await responses from others, can advise me - what is the best combination (with 11g R2). In fact I am thinking of using express edition - where total installation time is much less. I mean - XE+Zend Core (for oracle+php). Please let me know what you think. Thanks again...
Re: Win 7; Oracle - PHP connection / please Help [message #528824 is a reply to message #528822] Thu, 27 October 2011 06:20 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
You should upgrade Windows version (from "Home" to something else).

I use 11g XE on MS Windows 7 Enterprise Edition (wouldn't know anything about PHP).
Previous Topic: How to download Oracle JDBC driver JDK 6 update 27 for oracle 11g rel2
Next Topic: Best language(s) to use for an online address book.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:59:58 CDT 2024