Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » WebUtil.cfg dll's fail to download (Forms Version 10.1.2.0.2, Oracle Database 10g Release 10.2.0.4.0, OS is Windows XP Pro SP3)
WebUtil.cfg dll's fail to download [message #516022] Thu, 14 July 2011 11:30 Go to next message
Dognose77

I experienced a problem that has me stumped.

I have set up a number of other developers on the team, using the same configuration setup which performs without error. We have the ORCALE Forms on our local PC, and have been testing them successfully.

We are using Forms Version 10.1.2.0.2, Oracle Database 10g Release 10.2.0.4.0, OS is Windows XP Pro SP3

We are currently using JInitiator 1.3.1.22, but will be using the Java plug in in a later release of our code. I have been making code modifications and testing for a number of months on the PC. To log into our application the dlls must first be downloaded onto the client PC from the web server. Tuesday morning a problem occured. I had modified the webutil.properties to get the DLLs to download again in assisting another developer in researching a problem he was having. Now the three files jacob.dll, d2kwut60.dll, JNIsharedstubs.dll fail to download at all, causing an error almost from the start in the application. The download dialog box does not display for these nor are they found then in the webutil.properties or JInitiator directory.

The user DLL's dds_lFileUtil.dll, dds_lcac.dll, DDS_lExtProc.dll download successfully, but the webutil.properties fails to update for the third dll, causing the missing dll to continue to download upon each time the application starts. This is evident from the download dialog box being visible, and the dll being found in the JInitiator directory.

I have read that you should be able to copy the DLL to the correct directory (JInitiator directory) and manually update the webutil.properties and then the functionality should work. However this is not true for us, the functionality still fails to log in successfully.

I included the WebUtil file below with commented lines removed for ease of reading. The formsweb.cfg is pointing to the env which points to the WebUtil.cfg correctly.

We are administrators on our PC's.

The questions:
1) Why are jacob.dll, d2kwut60.dll, JNIsharedstubs.dll failing to download?
2) Why is the third file not being written to the webutil.properties?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

# ----------------------------------------------------------
# webutil.cfg - WebUtil configuration file
# ----------------------------------------------------------
logging.file=C:\Forms_10g\log_webutil.log
logging.enabled=TRUE
logging.errorsonly=TRUE
logging.connections=TRUE

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #
install.syslib.location=/webutil
install.syslib.0.7.1=jacob.dll|94208|1.0|true
install.syslib.0.9.1=d2kwut60.dll|192512|1.0|true
install.syslib.0.9.2=JNIsharedstubs.dll|65582|2.0|true

install.syslib.0.user.1=dds_lFileUtil.dll|607232|1.0|true
install.syslib.0.user.2=dds_lcac.dll|275968|1.0|true
install.syslib.0.user.3=DDS_lExtProc.dll|57344|1.0|true

transfer.database.enabled=TRUE
transfer.appsrv.enabled=TRUE
transfer.appsrv.workAreaRoot=c:\temp
transfer.appsrv.accessControl=FALSE
transfer.appsrv.read.1=c:\temp
transfer.appsrv.write.1=c:\temp
Re: WebUtil.cfg dll's fail to download [message #516115 is a reply to message #516022] Fri, 15 July 2011 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Sorry, no (smart) idea.

Quote:
Tuesday morning a problem occured.

What changed since Monday? New antivirus software? Firewall?
Re: WebUtil.cfg dll's fail to download [message #516187 is a reply to message #516115] Fri, 15 July 2011 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dognose77
No new virus or firewall updates.

I was able to get the application executing. I uninstalled 10gr2ds, and re-installed. Then set up the configuration files again. I then executed the application with ?config=webutil in the builder's runtime parameters. All DLLs then downloaded and the webutil.properties file was updated to reflect all DLLs downloaded.

I then modified the builder's runtime parameters to process the correct application configuration in the formsweb.cfg. Success.
Re: WebUtil.cfg dll's fail to download [message #596341 is a reply to message #516022] Fri, 20 September 2013 21:35 Go to previous message
sarang1183
I am also facing same issue. But I was able to at least trace what is probelm and working on solution
For your question,
Why are jacob.dll, d2kwut60.dll, JNIsharedstubs.dll failing to download?
there are various causes as below :-
1. These files are not present in forms/webutil (path of virtual directory) OR whatever folder is configured in webutil.cfg
2. You do not admin rights on the machines where this problem is coming.

I would suggest putting trace for your Java apps (JInitiator/ JRE whatever it is) would be helpful.
That gives more clear pictue of ehats going on. For this
1 Goto control panel
2. If you are using Jinitator, open JInitiator 1.X.X.X
3. Control panel will be opened, 4 check boxes will be there, check all of them
4. Freshly run your application in new browser
5. If you are using JRE, repeat all steps for Java / Java (32bit)
6. You will get java console window with all events going.
this also creates some trace that trace shows information
"2013-Sep-20 23:44:23.747 ERROR>WUC-19 [URLDownload.pullFile()] Unable to write to local file C:\Users\sarang\::MyApps\jacob.dll. Failed to download URL "

In my case, I am analyzing why :: is coming.

you can check log so that you will get at least direction for your analysis.
Also try copying these files directly in Jnititator/ JRE (whatever applicable) folder
Previous Topic: exceptions_in_summary_item
Next Topic: java class import in oracle forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 11:34:03 CDT 2024